Just for fun played this with family and friends over Messenger late one night when we were all suffering from insomnia. Name the book and the author. ( Courtesy of Australian Writers Centre Newsletter)
Have a go ( or as we Aussies say ‘avago).
- TCP by AW (1982)
- DC by CD (1850)
- TCITR by JDS (1951)
- JE by CB (1848)
- HPATPS by JKR (1997)
- AK by LT (1878)
- APTI by EMF (1924)
- BSU by TD (2018)
- DQ by MdC (1615)
- U by JJ (1922)
- THG by SC (2008)
The local Rotary Cub Redlands Sunrise ( because they hold breakfast meetings as opposed to dinner) held a Bookfest over the weekend to raise funds for local, national, and international projects.
I came away with two Mystery Boxes for $2 a box which will keep the Little Community Library going for quite some time. Only issue was that it required a major rearrangement of the She-Shack. A five hour task. You see, books in boxes in garages during a Qld summer tend to attract cockroaches. Have I told you that Qld cockies are amongst the biggest in the world?
And this is the Little Library spotted in the main street of Kalbar where all the Hay Bale Sculptures were located over the weekend.
- TCP by AW (1982) The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
- DC by CD (1850) David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- TCITR by JDS (1951) The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
- JE by CB (1848) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- HPATPS by JKR (1997) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling
- AK by LT (1878) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- APTI by EMF (1924) A Passage to India by EM Forster
- BSU by TD (2018) Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- DQ by MdC (1615) Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
- U by JJ (1922) Ulysses by James Joyce
- THG by SC (2008) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Happy Weekend, Peeps!